If your home country requires a visa to visit to the United States, please go to your local U.S. Embassy website or visit the U.S. Customs website at
or the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Visa Services Web Site at
For those who request a visa letter, the symposium organizers can help with the visa letter. Please complete the Request Form for Visa Letter at the bottom of this page. Please note that usually we prepare letters after a delegate has registered. Only under special circumstances do we prepare letters before registration has been completed. If you have any questions, please write your message at the request form.
Some embassies may need to verify that registration fees have been paid in full and may require applicants to appear in person for an interview, causing delays in the application process. Applicants affected by these procedures are informed that additional screening is needed. Therefore, attendees should apply for a visa no later than three months prior to the conference. If you need to obtain a visa to attend SII2020, please rush and make an appointment for the interview as the letter is being prepared.
IEEE guidlines for providing visa invitation letters are as follows:
Visa letters should only be issued to:
- Committee members
- Attendees who have paid their registration fee in full and are not from one of the countries embargoed by the US Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (verify that the payment has been received before providing a letter)
- Exhibitors who have paid their exhibitor/patron package fee in full
Visa invitation letters should state these facts:
- Conference title, dates, and location
- That the requester has paid the required registration fee in full
- The requester’s role at the conference