Types of Contributed Paper
SII2023 will accept three types of contributed papers and one type of late-breaking report. The three types of papers and late-breaking report are as follows:
- Regular paper: Paper length is between 4 and 6 pages. 2 additional pages are allowed but will incur an extra charge.
- Special Session paper: The format and review process are identical to that for regular papers. The main difference from the regular paper review process is that the authors must contact a Special Session organizer, receive a code from the organizer, and indicate this session code when submitting the paper.
- Short paper with Video attachment: The paper length is limited to 2 pages. Short papers will be reviewed the same as regular and special session papers. In addition to the manuscript, authors must include a video attachment when submitting. The video format should be “mp4” and the size should be less than 20MB.
- Late-breaking report: Paper length is limited to 1 page. Late-breaking reports will not be peer reviewed, and will not be included in IEEE Xplore.
Templates and Submission Procedure
Regular, Special Session, and Short papers submitted to SII2023 will undergo a peer-review process. A manuscript will be reviewed by at least two reviewers who will provide detailed comments. Once the submission is accepted , authors are required to address all review comments and submit a revised ("camera-ready") version. The review process is managed by the Program Committee. Regular, Special Session, and Short papers will be included in IEEE Xplore when accepted. However, video attachments of short papers will not be included.
Regular, Special Session, and Short papers will be reviewed using a single-blind review process: authors will declare their names and affiliations in the manuscript for the reviewers to see. On the other hand, reviewers will not know the identity of other reviewers, nor will the authors know who has reviewed their manuscript.
Authors must use the template provided in the electronic manuscript submission system. The template for "A4" size paper should be used for all types of papers including the late-breaking report.
The manuscript submission website will require that authors submit an abstract and make any final changes to the author list as well as the title of the paper before uploading the final ”camera ready” manuscript.
All authors and co-authors must be registered in the electronic manuscript submission system. It is the corresponding author’s responsibility to ensure that a complete author list and a correct title are being entered. This information will be used for the conference program and the proceedings.
Authors should adhere to the following steps for submitting the paper (for initial submission)
- Create a PIN (If you do not yet have one): Go to The PaperPlaza Conference Management System , then register a new PIN by filling out the form. Ask each of your co-authors to do the same (if they do not yet have a PIN in the system), and record the authors' PINs (this information is needed for manuscript processing purposes).
- Go to Support Menu and, depending on how you are preparing your paper, download the appropriate template (LaTeX or MS-Word). Use the template/style file to create your manuscript and save in PDF format.
- Upload the paper: Go to The PaperPlaza Conference Management System and click on "Submit a contribution to SII 2023".
- Submit: (indicate contributed paper, special session paper, short paper, or late-breaking report).
- Fill in the form shown on the next page (make sure to enter all author PINs created in Step 1).
- If you are submitting a special session paper, do not forget to enter the special session code when uploading your paper. All accepted Special Sessions will be available starting on July 12th 2022 . If you do not find the special session you are looking for listed, please contact the special session organizer. In the case of any other further questions, feel free to contact the special session chairs: Prof. Ikeda (ikeda[at]mech.kindai.ac.jp) and Dr. Han ( kwhan[at]stanford.edu).
- Regular and Special Session paper: 4 to 6 pages. Up to 2 additional pages (i.e., maximum 8 pages total with extra page charges paid) are allowable.
- Late-breaking report: Only 1 page is allowed.
Paper File Size
Only A4 paper size is permitted for all types of papers.
A single PDF file, not to exceed 6 MB in size.
※ All papers must be submitted via the IEEE Papercept submission site.
After a paper is accepted, advance registration is required to upload the final manuscript of the accepted contribution.